PG Hardwood Flooring offers more than 5000 distinctive products. As a flooring manufacturer, PG Hardwood Flooring is renowned for the exceptional quality of its products and a solid reputation backed since 1979. For solid hardwood flooring finished on the premises, prefinished or pre-oiled flooring or engineered products, demand the best the industry has to offer: PG® and Model® products.
Assurance of Reliability
We are proud of our membership in the most respectable organizations in our industry. All environmental and quality standards applied at PG are inspired by the regulations of our member associations. We are committed to offering the latest products available on the market in compliance with the most stringent environmental standards in effect.
You are unique, and so are we!
The PG acronym consists of the first letters of the last names of Julien Paré and Richard Garneau, cofounders in 1979 of PG Hardwood Flooring Inc.
As early as 1982, PG sales reached two million board feet.
In 1990, Richard Garneau bought back the shares of his associate, Julien Paré, and in 1991, Claude, Hélène and Julie Garneau became sole owners of PG Hardwood Flooring.
In 1997, PG began the production of factory-finished flooring boards marketed under the name, Model®. The company ranks among the biggest hardwood flooring manufacturers in Canada. Model® products are renowned for their exceptional quality, thanks to the uniquely balanced finish applied to each board.
PG is evolving constantly and has not gone unnoticed, investing more than three-quarters of a million dollars in its finishing line in 2008 and more than 3.5 million $ CAD for an all-new solid hardwood production line in 2010. Both investments have been successful, allowing the Group to remain at the cutting edge of innovation and product quality.
To pave the way for a new generation and pursue their goal of excellence, PG Hardwood Flooring established an important partnership in June 2010 with the shareholders of Scierie Dion, their largest supplier of hardwood. This strategic association will ensure quality and quantity of supply.
In June 2012, the Fonds de solidarité FTQ invested 2 million $ CAD in the growth of PG Hardwood Flooring. This partnership with the Fonds de solidarité FTQ, an organization with thorough knowledge of the forestry sector, will allow PG to consolidate its leadership and capitalize on business opportunities that may arise.
2016 has been marked by a succession plan involving the 3rd Garneau family generation. PG can rely on the Fonds de solidarité FTQ expertise to help them take over in a close future.
In 2017, all of our prefinished products received the GREENGUARD GOLD certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit ul.com/gg.
• To guarantee a safe and pleasant work environment.
• To allow our customers to be unique in their market thanks to totally unique collections
• To promote environmentally friendly business practices.
• To achieve maximum profitability through rigorous cost control.
• To improve our products and operational skills, using them as leverage for business expansion. To be proactive.
• To ensure consistent quality for customers and an understanding of their needs.
To deliver a product that is unique and of consistent quality, making optimal use of raw material and efforts invested.
• Never being absolutely certain (nothing is written in stone).
• Listening to our customers, understanding their needs and exceeding their expectations.
• Respecting employees.
• Improving the work environment through order, organization, cleanliness and safety.
• Encouraging initiative; only errors resulting from negligence are not tolerated.
• Being a company involved in the community and regional development and concerned with respect for legislation.